You have not because you ask not; Your Total Guide to Prayer.
A petition-prayer is a request made to God, for a specific grant, a benefit, for grace or mercy, or for a favor toward a need.
Something a little different today, not TCM or psychology, but something much more powerful!
When I have prayed in earnest, my prayers have always been answered. Sometimes I have prayed for big things, so big that when my prayer was answered, it seemed like a miracle, but other times my prayer is small, and something that most people have said to not waste Gods time on praying for.
“You have not because you ask not”. – James 4. 2-3
You are to come to the Lord in childlike faith with your specific request, knowing how much he desires to give good gifts to his children (Matt 7:11 Luke 18:17 James 4:3)
How should you ask?
- Making sure that your motivation for asking is motivated from a place of goodwill, and love, and that it isn’t purely selfishly motivated or harming others. (And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. – John 14:13) (You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. -James 4:3)
- Ask in faith without doubting. Asking plus believing equals receiving (Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. Matt 21:21)
- Ask in accordance with His will, His word must be inside your heart. (If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. -James 15:7)
- Abide in Jesus. “Abiding in” is a two way commitment. You must hear, believe and do his word. Then the Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit will make their abode in you. ( Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. John 14:23)
- Ask in the name of Jesus. (And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. -John 14:13, A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So it is with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.” John 16:22-24)
What should you ask for?
- Whatsoever things you desire! (Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours Mark11:24, You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. John 14:14)
“When the Holy Spirit places a need or a desire upon your heart , agree with Him. Yield your will to His and begin to make your requests known to the Lord. As you pray and petition the Lord, he will birth a vision ( a mental impression) within your heart . This vision will always be inline with God’s word.
Petitions must always be specific requests!
It is God’s pleasure to answer our prayers, it glorifies Him to fulfill your request. There is nothing to small or too big, there is nothing too specific! But He wants you to do your part – to ask, to petition and to be specific in prayer!
Are your prayers unanswered?
Of course we don’t know all the reasons for unanswered prayers, but some answers are given to us.
- Not fellowshipping with God. (God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Corinthians 1:9) Fellowship is companionship. Fellowship is a partnership, a communion, or a spending time with. Do you spend time with God, do you tell him about your problems as you would a trusted dear friend?
- Not praying in Jesus name. (You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. -John 15:16)
- Not asking! Or asking with a wring motive. Some people believe that God is too busy. They don’t ask for little things. God wants you to ask him for everything. Or you have an ulterior motive, your petition is not pure, you have a hidden motive. (When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. – John 4:3)
- Not asking in accordance with Gods will. You learn about Gods will by reading and listening to texts and scriptures, and if you are unsure, you can ask ” in accordance to your will”.
- Doubt and disbelief, unbelief. Ask in faith without doubting. (Be still and know that I am God – Psalms 46:10)
- Loosing hope and giving up. Many prayers are unanswered because you gave up. (Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. Luke 18:1)
- Not being in agreement. The marriage is the strongest agreement on earth. Strife and disagreements hinders prayer. (Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. -Luke 18:19)
- Unforgiveness. When you forgive consistently, you wipe the slate clean. Begin again, with God. ( For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.)
Other reasons might be, prejudice or hate, fear, or indifference, speaking bad about people, or placing more importance on what you are praying for than on God.
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.Matt 6:33
Behold, the Lord’s hand is not so short that it cannot save; neither is His ears so dull that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God.Isiah 59:1,2
Give thanks for your answered prayers before they are answered, to motivate yourself towards gratitude. Remember how some of the things you have now were once a prayer, and now you are grateful for having it.
I give thanks to You Lord, for ( name a person ). your kindness is everlasting. i give thanks to you Lord, who has given ( list a material blessing). Your loving kindness is everlasting. I give thanks to you Lord who has heard my prayer for ( list something that you asked for). Your lovingkindness is everlasting. I give thanks to You Lord, who has ( you fill in). Your kindness is everlasting.
Acupuncture adaptogens annabackacupuncture back pain Brainspotting chiropractic chronic inflammation clarity courageous covid creativity dissociation electroacupuncture estim fatigue herbal herbal medicine herbs imagination long haul covid los angeles love luminous malibu medicinal mushrooms Mental health microbiome natural medicine nlp pain palos verdes peace post viral power PTSD redondo beach san pedro solutions soul south shores taoist medicine tcm wellness world mental health day worthy